Got a question? Check out these FAQs for help. If you have a question while you're playing the game, click on the Help button on your Sleuth.
- What is Admongo?
Admongo is an interactive educational campaign designed to teach kids 8 to 12 years old about advertising. The campaign features Admongo.gov, free lesson plans developed by Scholastic,
sample ads, and teacher videos.
- Who created Admongo?
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, created Admongo to equip kids with the skills necessary to understand ads in today’s media-rich world.
- Is there a cost to play Admongo?
There is no cost to play Admongo, or to use or download materials from Admongo or Scholastic.
- I'd like to get some printed materials about Admongo. Is that possible?
Certainly. Visit ftc.gov/bulkorder to order hard copies of the lesson plans, teacher flyer, and bookmark.
Or, head to the Admongo downloads center to get high-res, print-ready materials and a variety of other fun resources including buddy icons, web banners and computer wallpapers.
- I can't remember my username or password. What do I do?
Click on "Forgot username or password?" and follow the instructions.
- Where can I find help during the game?
For help playing the game, including how to move your avatar, earn points or use the Challenge Stations, click on the Help button on your Sleuth.
- I love my avatar and have made it really far in the game, but my Mom says it's dinner time. Can I save my game?
You're in luck!, Admongo saves automatically at key points in the game.
- The game isn't loading; what do I do?
You need Adobe Flash Player 10 to play Admongo. Download Adobe Flash Player for free here.
- The movies are playing really slowly. Sometimes, they don't play at all. What do I do?
You may need to clear out your browser's cache. To clear your browser's cache, do the following:
For Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools > Internet Options
- Under Temporary Files click the "Delete" button
For Firefox Mac OS
- In the menu bar, click Tools > Clear Private Data
- Check Cache and Offline Website Data
- Click "Clear Private Data Now"
- How should my computer be set up to have the best game experience?
- Minimum Configuration:
- CPU: 1.66GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- VRAM: 32MB
- Bandwidth: DSL/Cable (256kbps)
- Other: Operating Systems and browser requirements are the same as for Adobe Flash Player 10
- Recommended Configuration:
- CPU: 2.33GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- VRAM: 128MB
- Bandwidth: DSL/Cable (768kbps)
- Other: Operating System and browser requirements are the same as for Adobe Flash Player 10