The “Gold Deluxe” Q-Ray
Information on Q-Ray Bracelet Refunds
An administrator working for the FTC mailed 248,931 refund checks to consumers defrauded by QT Inc., Q-Ray Company, and Bio-Metal, Inc., and their owner, Que Te Park, also known as Andrew Q. Park, who made false and misleading advertising claims that the Q-Ray bracelet provided immediate and significant pain relief and deceptively advertised their refund policy.
More than $11.8 million is being returned to people who purchased the Q-Ray bracelet and filed a claim form. Purchasers will receive an average of about $47. Consumers who receive the checks should cash them by mid-June 2011. The FTC never requires consumers to pay money or provide information before redress checks can be cashed. Q-Ray consumers with questions should call the redress administrator, Analytics Inc., at 800-269-0056.
- Complaint (6/2/2003) [PDF]
- Ex Parte Temporary Restraining Order
With Asset Freeze and Other Equitable Relief [PDF]
- News Release (6/3/2003) [TEXT]
- News Release (9/20/2006) [TEXT]
- News Release (1/7/2008) [TEXT]
- News Release (5/6/2011) [TEXT]
- Final Judgment Order [PDF]
- Court of Appeals Opinion Affirming
the Final Judgment Order of the District Court [PDF]