If you want to search for an exact phrase, use quotes.
- ["bureau of consumer protection"] will only find that exact phrase.
- [bureau of "consumer protection"] will find pages that contain the word bureau and the exact phrase "consumer protection".
If you want pages that have one term or another (or both), use “--“ or "|".
- [bureau | consumer | protection] will find pages that contain any of those 3 words.
If you don't want a term or phrase, use the "-" symbol.
- [-bureau of consumer protection] will return pages that contain "consumer" and "protection" but do not contain "bureau".
Use the "~" symbol to return similar terms.
- [~bureau of consumer protection] will get you pages that contain "agency of consumer protection" and "business of consumer protection" but not "bureau of consumer protection".
Sort & Filter Results
Sort by title or date
By default, results are sorted by relevancy. You can also reorder the results by title or date using the sort options in the right sidebar.
Filter by Content Type
Are you looking for a particular type of document? After you perform a search, use the “filter by content type” options on the sidebar to view only press release, for example.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Try removing filters if you have them turned on in the sidebar.
- Ease up on the advanced search tools above which restrict your results.