Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 6:20 PM
Cc: email@example.com ; Advisorycommittee@ftc.gov
Re: CST9450764ID - Screen Names
At the risk of sounding rude, your response does not answer ONE question asked in my
original email. When Hotmail members send emails, the screen AND actual names of all
recipients are listed. WHERE DOES Hotmail GET THE ACTUAL NAMES? ARE Hotmail USERS REQUIRED
TO PROVIDE THEM?
Please READ the original e-mail which is AGAIN attached below.
Subj: Screen Names
Date: 3/4/00 1:05:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
- 1. Collect and store the actual names of all persons on the sending and RECEIVING
lists on e-mails.
- 2. Publish on the net the actual AND screen names of all recipients of Hotmail
- 3. Notify users of Hotmail e-mail that their screens names and actual names and
the screen and actual names of all of their recipients will be published on the net.
- 4. Notify recipients that their actual and screen names are published on the net
when mail is addressed to them by Hotmail e-mail users.
- 5. Provide a way for Hotmail members and, more importantly, NON Hotmail e-mail
recipients, to block the use of actual and screen name information being published on the
net by Hotmail.
Thank You. I look forward to your response